Who are we?
Our website address is: https://www.luthermanor.org.
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, gender and interests; how you came to the website (e.g., search engine, third-party website, media campaign or email); and the pages and features of the website you use.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“personal information”).
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and your location.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
We collect information from you when you fill out a form through our site. When filling out a form from our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and/or other information.
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from visitors.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support customer needs.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide to us will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your request or inquiry.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who do we share your data with?
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where do we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How do we protect your data?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
This policy was last modified on November 15, 2022.
4545 N 92nd STREET
WAUWATOSA, WI 53225